Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Welcome to the Blessing of Breakfast!

My name is Joel Capps and I love a great breakfast. I bet some of you do too! The puspose of this blog is to follow my adventures as I visit different eateries around the Los Angeles area. I want you to know about the many little, unique places where you can find an amazing if not interesting spot to start your day. Many of the places are institutions and some are little Mom and Pop diners that have been on the LA scene for many years.

I enjoy supporting the smaller food establishments and some of them really throw down some excellent food. I'll render my opinion and you can decide for yourself. Good eating is an adventure and I will point out some places you may have never heard of. So give them a try, you just might discover your new "spot" that you'll visit again and again.

Come aboard and discover with me all that Los Angeles has to offer for the morning meal.  I will use an "fried egg" rating system with 4 eggs being the best down to 1 egg, which is a place that needs to work on their craft and their cooking. The rating includes the quality of food, ambiance and atmosphere and the level of service. I'll let you know what I am eating and what the specials are at a particular place along with address and phone info and a web address if they have one.

Come ready, come hungry and get prepared to receive the "Blessing of Breakfast!"

The beautiful gebakkenei or fried egg painted by Tjalf Sparnaay.

No comments:

Post a Comment